Gooten is a technology company that enables eCommerce businesses to easily access high-quality, global, on-demand manfacturing. We give businesses the tools to create products to sell online and manage orders across a multitude of stores and sales channels. Businesses powered by Gooten can source and identify new products and trends, run promotions, and track analytics on new and repeat purchasers, while focusing business efforts on what drives revenues - creating, developing and marketing brands and products.
By joining Gooten, you will become part of a global team that is dedicated to increasing company efficiency and revenue through design optimization and brand value.
As one of the Gooten Engineering Managers, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of highly skilled engineers that are actively working on our Platform. This will include overseeing project planning, development, as well as career growth of each team member.
The Gooten platform handles thousands of complex print-on-demand orders each day leveraged by our in depth product creation, order management services, integrations, and dynamic routing. Our store owner partners enjoy our platform for its consolidation of their many ecommerce shops and our speed to deliver through our globally distributed vendor network.
We’re looking for a proven leader who will be able to foster the growth of a diverse engineering team while driving highly critical technical projects end-to-end. You should be motivated, extremely knowledgeable about systems engineering and shipping software with high quality on time.
How you'll power eCommerce:
- Hire, lead and manage a distributed Engineering team
- Be responsible for the Software Development process
- Work closely with Product Management to define product requirements and develop the execution plan to meet those requirements
- Build, own, and operate reliable software experiences, systems, and services
- Establish and maintain technical specifications
- Remove impediments and ensure consistent team delivery
You should have:
- Proven experience leading high-performance engineering teams
- Proven experience with people performance management
- Excellent communication skills
- You can break down complex technical problems into small, release-able, user valued features
- Capacity to navigate between business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Excellent ability to lead, inspire, and mentor skilled engineers
- Able to lead teams using Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with shipping and manufacturing integrations
- Familiarity with all/some of our tech stack: .NET/C#/Clojure/React/MySQL
- Familiarity with all/some of our tools: Github/Jenkins/Azure/Jira/Portfolio
The really important stuff:
We nurture a culture of open communication. Because our team is a collection of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, we have seen a great level of cross-team cooperation. We are a globally distributed team, with individuals located in Europe, North America and South America. Gooten offers a suite of benefits including educational development budgets, insurance coverage and 30 days PTO to allow you to take the time to rest and recharge. Our goal as a company is to have our employees develop new skills and socialize with our extraordinary team members.