Good Media Group is the home of and, and together we unlock and amplify human potential — for good. We’re a mission-driven media company that reaches 200MM+ people per month, largely through social media.
We’re looking for a Creative Strategist for our Branded Content Division who will concept and pitch award-winning partnerships across video, digital, social, events and more. Our Creative Strategist, Branded Content, will work with clients, creatives and sellers at Upworthy and GOOD to develop innovative, mission-driven partnerships that win over brands and our audience alike.
This position reports to the Director of Integrated Marketing, within Upworthy’s Brand Studio, and you will (mostly) work out of our New York or Los Angeles office
What will you do?
You will work in a fast-paced, creative environment with the following goals:
- Create unique, on-brief and on-brand partnership ideas for Upworthy’s and GOOD’s diverse range of clients, with a socially conscious focus
- Oversee a wide range of projects and pitches, managing multiple deadlines on tight timelines
- Lead brainstorms with fellow creatives, sellers, producers and audience experts
- Develop clear, compelling pitch documents that sell through our insights, ideas, and rationale to clients
- Work with account strategists/project managers to ensure pitches wow clients while adhering to budget and cost-of-sale guidelines
- Present at client meetings, when necessary, to sell through our expertise while actively listening to and incorporating feedback
- Tap into audience and performance data to provide strategic recommendations for meeting client KPIs
- Educate internal staff and clients on evolving best practices
- Work collaboratively across internal teams to successfully pitch campaigns that win accounts
Skills desired for the role:
- 3+ years of digital creative experience at a brand studio, publisher or creative agency
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, and collaborative tools such as Google Slides
- Deep understanding of content strategy, content marketing, digital media and the social good space
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn. The media landscape is rapidly changing, and employees are expected to adapt and pick up new skills quickly
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships internally and externally
- Experience with a variety of content formats (such as editorial, video, marketing or copywriting) a plus
Who are you?
You are a strategic thinker, a creative superstar, and a born collaborator. You know how to turn isolated insights and trends into one-of-a-kind branded content partnerships that drive real, lasting results. You are a great communicator, a high achiever, and a principled representative of the company. Though you will work in New York or LA you’ll be working with people in a distributed, virtual work environment, so you’re comfortable with lots of emails, video conferences, and phone meetings.
What will you get?
Good Media Group is committed to supporting our staff, offering a competitive benefits package including equity in the company, a 401(k) plan as well as medical, dental, and vision plans, and more. And you should know that Good Media Group is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable organization.