The Impact Partnerships Manager is responsible for the management and execution of a well-coordinated, strategic business development plan to cultivate and build revenue-generating partnerships with foundations and nonprofit organizations. This position works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing partnerships and provides strategic insights to senior leadership on how these partnerships further the mission of Good Media Group. While this position will interact with the principal areas within the company such as intel, editorial, and marketing; this role is firmly rooted in revenue - with its key success metric being meeting revenue targets and client retention. This position is based in New York and reports to the VP, Brand Partnerships.
What will you do?
- Develop new partnerships
- Identify, evaluate, and execute ambitious, new revenue-generating partnerships with nonprofits and foundations - that tackle the social issues that matter
- Reach out to strategic players in this space to build pipeline of potential leads, and seek out opportunities to collaborate on meaningful storytelling campaigns
- Assess incoming leads for revenue potential, and gather data and relevant insights to assist in converting more leads
- Grow existing partnerships
- Responsible for maintaining and growing Good Media Group’s existing partnerships with foundations and nonprofits
- Capture, maintain, and update partnership relevant information in CRM platform; ensuring information flows to finance teams in a timely manner
- Develop domain expertise
- Serve as internal resource across teams on partnerships, storytelling, and other key developments in the social impact space
- Collaborate with larger sales team on relevant opportunities, and serve as internal impact partner advocate with editorial and product teams
- Support senior leadership to develop and promote thought leadership on Good Media Group’s work at impact driven media partnerships in the nonprofit and philanthropy space
Who are you?
At its core, this position requires a passion for storytelling, social impact and philanthropy - including a knowledge and desire to understand the strategies, areas of investment, and key issues that partners are trying to address. Additionally, this role requires a:
- Quick learner: Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments
- Self-starter: Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Interpreter: Capable of translating partners' strategic objectives into storytelling campaigns that can be accurately priced, and deliver measurable impacts.
- Team player: Able to work collaboratively in a team setting and a startup environment; while maintaining a high level of poise and professionalism