GOOD Worldwide is the home of good.is and upworthy.com, and together we unlock and amplify human potential — for good. We’re a mission-driven media company that reaches 200MM+ people per month, largely through social media looking for an Account Strategist with account management, digital sales, and media planning experience to command the pre- and post-sale campaign management process for branded partnerships.
The Account Strategist will execute successful projects with companies, agencies, and nonprofits with the goal of getting clients to renew and expand their engagements with us. This position reports to the Director of Account Strategy and will work out of our New York office.
What will you do?
Here are some of the strategic and tactical work our Account Strategist will tackle in their first year:
- Develop a strong understanding of both GOOD and Upworthy’s value propositions and become an expert in our products and services.
- Respond to RFPs by creating thoughtful, insight-led proposals and media plans that meet client objectives. Work with internal teams to gather necessary information and craft stellar creative strategies while providing data-informed insights for client materials.
- Manage high-profile, complex client relationships with companies, agencies, and nonprofits to maximize client satisfaction, deliver great results, and keep things simple on our end.
- Be a problem-solver – anticipate challenges and friction points and address them before anyone else even knows they're there.
- Work collaboratively across internal teams to successfully execute campaigns and drive growth with existing accounts.
- Aid in campaign optimizations and understand online inventory and ad operations.
- Develop innovative, data-driven analyses, reports, and recommendations that align with client goals.
Skills desired for the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You feel comfortable interfacing with clients on a daily basis.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn. The media landscape is rapidly changing, and employees are expected to adapt and pick up new skills quickly.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. No two days are alike!
- Ability to effectively lead online, phone, and in-person meetings and presentations. You can deal with client concerns in a confident manner.
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships internally and externally. You’re a team player.
- A deep understanding of the digital marketing and social space.
Who are you?
You have an understanding of account management, digital sales, and media planning— bonus points if that understanding comes from experience with a publisher. You know how to convert small partnerships into larger, long-standing ones, and have a passion for forging new relationships. You are a great communicator, a high achiever, and a principled representative of the company. Though you will work in New York or Los Angeles, you’ll be working with people in a distributed, virtual work environment, so you’re comfortable with lots of email, video conferences, and phone meetings.
What will you get?
GOOD Worldwide is committed to supporting our staff, offering a competitive benefits package including equity in the company, a 401(k) plan as well as medical, dental, and vision plans, and more. And you should know that GOOD Worldwide is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.