We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community
We want to make work and study more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes. Our digital paper and learning ecosystem inspires anyone to take notes, share what they know, collaborate with others, and learn as a community.
—Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things
—Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
—Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team
—Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast
—Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion
—Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
Be user obsessed
—Empathetic, inquisitive, practical
About the team:
You will be part of a distributed team across Europe and Asia, with shared time for collaborative activities such as planning, retros, stand-ups, and brainstorming sessions. The team is building a brand new experience for typing in Goodnotes, empowering our millions of user to feed their mind in more possible ways.
You will use a broad and modern tech stack with:
- Programming Language: We use TypeScript for Frontend. Our backend services are written in TypeScript and Kotlin.
- Frameworks and Libraries: We use React/Redux and WebAssembly.
- Monitoring and Logging: We are currently using Datadog for monitoring and logging. Metrics are collected across our agents, taken from the logs using metric filters, and updated directly from lambda function or the application.
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Most of our infrastructure is written with Terraform.
- CI/CD: We currently use GitHub Actions for CI, and ArgoCD for CD.
- Deployments: We have multiple EKS clusters set up either for Blue/Green rollouts or dedicated feature sets. We are currently updating these clusters using ArgoCD and Atlantis.
- Our main databases are MongoDB and a self-managed CockroachDB cluster running on EKS.
- We believe in automating ourselves out of our jobs.
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Bring our core iOS App to cross platforms i.e. Web, Android and Windows systems, based on scope and requirements, using cross-platform SDKs.
- Rapidly build prototypes/simulations from mockups that can be directly implemented
- Improve rendering performance and memory optimizations to create a performant UX
- Perform cross-browser/device testing and optimisation
- Support, maintenance and ongoing development for existing applications and projects
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Shipping Progressive Web Apps (PWA) to various platforms utilising latest technologies
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Experience building modern web applications using libraries and frameworks like: React/Redux
- Expertise with TypeScript and Node.js, bonus if you have used WebAssembly (WASM)
- Experience building cross-platform Rich text editors
- Expertise in cloud storage, deployment and computing. We use AWS but we’re open to other platform experience
- Can ship great quality products efficiently, you follow best practices (CI/CD, automated testing, version control)
- Strong fundamentals in Computer Science, you know how things work under the hood
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and story-telling skills
At Goodnotes, we want to build a team as diverse as our user base. Even if you don’t meet all the above requirements, you may still be a great fit for the role, so please consider still applying. If you align with our values, are passionate about our product and what you do, we would love to hear from you!
The interview process:
- Introduction: The Talent Team want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join Goodnotes.
- Live coding & Technical interview: A live coding call with one of our engineers. This is where you get to see what it would be like working at Goodnotes as well as the chance to ask any engineering questions you may have
- Hiring Manager interview: A call with your hiring manager. This is the person who will be managing you day to day, working on your growth and development with you as well as support you throughout your career at Goodnotes.
- Values interview – Meeting with members of the Goodnotes Team to answer questions relating to take ownership AND build great things
What’s in it for you:
- Remote, flexible working
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents
- Great annual leave allowance
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Fantastic maternity/ paternity packages and allowances