We want to make study and work more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their research knowledge and business acumen to provide insights that can shape our roadmap and future direction.
As the Senior Market Researcher, you will support the VP of Operations and Academic Affairs and will drive research insights to help us identify the largest opportunities to spearhead our strategic planning.
- Engage with business teams, product and business leaders to bring research insight to critical questions about drivers of business growth
- Develop a research roadmap and proactively communicate your agenda, building alignment with management and seeking input from relevant teams
- Work with external research vendors to scope feasibility and implement this agenda
- Apply your expertise to guide the choice of research methods used. Innovate in the way we conduct research.
- Transform data into concrete and compelling insights, identifying implications for strategies and plans
- Communicate insights and strategic implications in a way that is easily understood and that moves our business teams toward action
- Influence decision makers at multiple levels in the organization to embrace market insights in strategy development
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of Market Research experience or experience driving market research/competitive analysis at a start-up
- Experience with a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, including secondary research. Able to have a thoughtful discussion with vendor partners about research design, methodology and analyses.
- Able to elevate key and concise implications from research, flexibly tailoring communication to varied audiences and management levels
- Experience applying insights to influence strategy. Able to connect the dots between different sources of information, and to infer strategic implications
- Able to articulate research requirements to vendors, manage relationships and commercial terms, and oversee the process end-to-end from survey design all the way through to insight presentation
- Comfortable in a lean start up organisation with multiple stakeholders with differing needs
- Experience working in EdTech
- Experience working at a B2C app startup
- Experience working with product and marketing teams on executing a strategic roadmap
- Experience working on research for a SaaS or marketplace product