We want to make study and work more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes.
About the team:
You will join a distributed team across Europe and Asia with shared time for collaboration such as planning, retros, stand-ups and brainstorming sessions. While you will get support from QA and Devops experts, you will own your prod to enable GoodNotes on all platforms.You will build our new APIs and services to bring the smooth experience to dozens of millions of users and soon many more.
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Architect and design scalable solutions that are easy to maintain to allow development of exciting features and support more users.
- Implement elegant solutions with clean code.
- Enable communication with the Mobile, Web frontend and QA teams
- Define and drive the completion of new initiatives and features by removing blockers for the team
- Continuously improve the development practices through research, automation, documentation and testing
- Share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Mastery in at least one high level programming language. We mainly use Kotlin, but we’re open to any modern language experience
- Expertise in cloud storage, deployment and computing. We use AWS but we’re open to other platform experience
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, you enjoy solving algo and data structure puzzles
- You have led the development of complex systems from inception to million of users
- Robust software engineering practices, testing and automation have no secrets for you
- Excellent problem solving and story-telling skills
- A love of software craftsmanship, you have a strong desire of self improvement through side projects and sharing
- Good sense on the best tools for any task
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! GoodNotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- A short online coding skills test
- A live coding call with one of our engineers. This is where you get to see what it would be like working at GoodNotes as well as the chance to ask any engineering questions you may have
- A call with your hiring manager. This is the person who will be managing you day to day, working on your growth and development with you as well as support you throughout your career at GoodNotes
- Values interview:
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents