Good Money is a conscious banking platform providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services to place every member on an accelerated path towards financial freedom. Good Money offers a better way to spend, save, invest, and grow net worth – while doing good for the planet. We put an average of $300 back into our members’ pockets every year and in the long run, Good Money members can increase their net worth by nearly $100,000 by using Good Money vs. a traditional checking and savings account.
The combination of an activist brand with Direct to Consumer (D2C) experience at scale positions Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
Good Money has the support of top investors including Breyer Capital (Facebook), Blocktower, Boost (Draper), Ken Howery (Founders Fund and PayPal co-founder), BlockChange, Cross Culture (Marlon Nichols), Struck Capital, Gil Penchina, Mitch Kapor, Peter Diamandis (X Prize), and Justin Rosenstein (Asana and Facebook “Like” button) and many others.
We're taking over the financial system and using it for Good, join us.
We’re looking for an exceptional Engineer to join our rapidly growing team as a core founding member of this new kind of company. This is a unique opportunity to join at a very early stage, a company that has garnered significant investor traction and is poised to change the landscape of a centuries-old industry.
Your mission will be to apply your impressive software development skills towards creating a best-in-class FinTech product. You will constantly be considering how components can and will scale across our platform now and in the future.
You will plan, design, and lead core technical projects and software architecture required to fulfill both short-term and long-term product requirements. Collaborating cross functionally, you will define end-to-end solutions and facilitate their executions across the engineering organizations. Furthermore, you’ll work closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owners to translate business needs into product roadmaps. You’ll deliberately use data to inform your intuition and formulate strategic bets that others can support.
As a strong founding engineer, you’ll ensure tactical execution of the team, follow through on commitments, and balance teamwork between tactical and cross-cutting strategic projects. By sharing digestible context to your colleagues, you’ll empower them to make better decisions while guarding their time.
This role is not for the meek. You will be trusted, and expected, to own each project you undertake, executing quickly at a high level from concept to product and then continuously iterating to uncover opportunities for improvement.
And you’ll always be open to taking calculated risks and big swings, supported by a team in both success and failure.
Who You Are:
- Full Stack Engineer / Generalist. You have 5+ years of proven engineering experience delivering excellent D2C products.
- Bonus: You specifically have worked within a fintech, app-focused company, startup, or agency.
- End-to-end Contributor. You’re stellar at automating QA tests, configuring cloud platforms, software development and deployment. You have strong experience in developing rapid interactive prototypes.
- Platforms + Framework Expert. You have experience working with AWS cloud, GIT, Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration (CI/CD)..
- Bonus: GraphQL (Federation + Gateway), DynamoDB, Scala, Mobile development experience.
- Ready for Asynchronous. You have experience with serverless technologies, event-driven architectures and microservices architectures.
- Systematic Thinker. You’re constantly considering how components can scale across platforms now and in the future.
- Bonus: Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Stellar Emotional Intelligence. You’ve proven successful and effective on high-performance distributed engineering teams. You are a good listener, pick up nuances, willing to pair up or speak up but, always maintain your emotional intelligence to uphold the collaborative spirit. You hold yourself, as well as your collective team, to incredibly high standards.
- Action-Oriented Self Motivator. You have a bias toward action and have a proven track record of going above and beyond -- because you’re personally driven.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You’re known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Excellent Communicator. You earn trust quickly and have strong interpersonal skills, which enables you to communicate well and clearly across teams. You effectively promote your ideas while simultaneously staying humble when you may be wrong.
- Experienced Remote Collaborator. This isn’t your first rodeo. You thrive working remotely and can effectively motivate and solve hard challenges on your own. You also have a strong ability to earn trust quickly and build strong relationships amongst team members.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and graciously navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
- 100% Mission-Aligned. You’re known for your humility, empathy, and integrity. You’re committed to creating a positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
Feel Right For You? Throw your hat in the ring!