Total Rewards Manager
You’ll be part of a small distributed team that is leading the build out and optimization of the People Team capability to support Good Money’s growth and expansion. Our People team was created to unlock the potential of all Good Money teammates. We work to make everyone feel safe, included, and challenged. Now we’re expanding our capability to serve the growing Good Money team.
We’re looking for a Total Rewards Manager to take ownership of several key people and talent initiatives. This role will carry out the critical people operations work that keeps us running. You’ll prioritize the employee experience to build a mindful workplace culture that unlocks a healthy and productive working partnership between employee and company.
Your mission will be to ask yourself each day, “How do we create an environment where each team member can succeed and thrive?”
Traditionally, companies just look to benefits and financial incentives to attract, motivate, and retain great teammates. We prefer to raise the bar. We consider affordable and generous health insurance benefits, open vacation, and parental leave to be table stakes in 2020. On top of that, we are adopting a more progressive, inclusive, and values-driven philosophy and holistic approach to how we create an environment that will enable each team member to do their best work and grow as individuals through benefits and perks. Your focus will be to collaborate with our team to continue to develop this ground-up “Total Rewards” initiative at Good Money.
While we create and further this initiative together, your starting points will be:
- Ongoing Total Rewards Strategy & Implementation
- Building and implementing a unique holistic benefits and compensation strategy.
- Ensuring our distributed team is knowledgeable and abiding by the latest necessary federal and state compliance regulations.
- Welcoming New Team Members
- Setting each new hire up to thrive by administering all benefits and presenting internal tangible and intangible perk opportunities.
- Manage onboarding process and manage projects to best welcome new teammates (e.g. immigration, system entry, paperwork validation, document generation, notifications).
- Ensuring Individual Inclusion & Cross-Team Alignment
- Continuously creating a welcoming, inclusive, and psychologically safe environment is a part of every teammate’s role at Good Money
- Liaising with internal Finance and Legal Teams, and external HR support
- Partner closely with team leads to execute HR operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience and data integrity as the business scales.
- Document, maintain, and communicate core HR processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
What Will Help You to Succeed:
- The Right Experience. You’ve already excelled in 1-2+ HR, HRBP, benefits administration, or total rewards roles at growing tech companies. You’ve navigated standard benefits regulations, compliance needs, etc.
- Humility & Hunger to Learn. You humbly don’t know what you don’t know. You’re eager to learn from those around you and external resources. You’re motivated in your own self-development and can initiate identifying avenues for growth.
- Organization. You’re a planner and revel in the details. It matters to you that things are done the way that will have the greatest impact and efficiency.
- Empathy & Trust. You’re known for earning trust quickly. People are drawn to you because of your warmth and genuine interest in helping others to succeed.
- Adaptability & Optimism. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and can navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you.
- 100% Mission-Alignment. You’re committed to creating positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
- A freedom and responsibility culture; space to be you and live your life
- Remote-first culture with location flexibility
- Fully-stocked SF HQ and LA HQ with space for quiet, deep work and team collaboration
- Support to help build out your remote home office
- Premium health/dental/vision coverage nationwide
- Open and encouraged PTO
- Generous baby bonding time
- The equipment you need to get things done
Hiring Philosophy & Process
Look, we know job searching is hard, time-consuming, and stressful. We aim to let you know everything we can, when we can. We want to make sure you have all the time you need to learn more about us. We also want to have the time we need to learn more about you. Once we surpass the threshold, we want to move forward.
Anticipated Process for Top Candidates:
- Drop your application with us here
- Zoom interviews with members of the People Team and Business Ops
- Regular check ins to see if the role is still right for you
- Reference checks, negotiation, and offer.
Feel Right For You? We’d love to hear from you no matter your background. Drop your resume in one click and we’ll be happy to answer your questions from there.