About Good Money:
Good Money is the world’s first digital banking platform where we make every customer an owner and allocate 50% of our profits to social and environmental impact. We believe in a revolutionary idea: You should own the businesses you buy from just by purchasing products or services from those businesses. We can tap into a movement that helps change a corrupt system that destroys the planet and benefits the 1%.
We want your help building the first digital and mobile co-operative banking platform. We’ve hired a team of 40 and raised funding from top investors to take over the financial system and use it for Good. We’re growing now to prepare for our product launch in late 2019.
Your core mission is to own all general ledger transactions and drive the financial close process. Interacting and coordinating with team members across all departments, you’ll ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate reporting of financial results. You’ll also assist the Senior Director, Corporate Controller in all reporting aspects, including monthly budget vs actuals analysis, bank covenant reporting, and quarterly/annual board reporting. You will play a key role in the finance and accounting organization around process improvement, system implementations, and process standardization.
You’ll report directly to the Senior Director, Corporate Controller; and be based in a location of your choosing within the United States.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- We value integrity most in our work with our colleagues.
- You handle high-pressure situations with agility, grace, and composure; a sense of humor is helpful.
- You are driven by and make decisions based on numbers and analysis, rather than emotion.
- You like working on complex problems, and always thrive on finding the right solution.
- You enjoy implementing new process and new platform tools.
- You possess a deep understanding of all aspects of the accounting cycle, and have experience in multiple areas of accounting, including AP, AR, fixed assets, equity, payroll, tax, etc.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and have at least 3 years’ experience as a staff or associate accountant in public accounting or in an industry setting.
The Extras That Can Help
- Experience working in FinTech, SaaS, or other technology-focused industry
- Hands on implementation experience with ERP, payroll, and budgeting systems
- Project or change management experience
- CPA-eligible (though active CPA license not required)
- Familiarity with NetSuite or Intacct
Your Day-to-Day Will Involve
- Providing front-line support to executives and department leaders who have questions on budgets, spend, headcount, etc.
- Owning the quote-to-cash and procure-to-pay processes.
- Driving the monthly close process, including maintenance of the GL by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations in a timely fashion.
- Assisting with forecasts and projections for cash, capex, opex, etc.
- Reviewing financial statements and provide analysis, including meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions.
- Working cross-functionally to establish accounting processes for new products or business lines
- Assisting with the management of annual financial audits and monthly/quarterly reporting to the Board.
How We'll Support You
- You'll work alongside the top leaders in Fintech with a social impact
- You'll learn and grow fast with a founding team of proven successful entrepreneurs
- A freedom and responsibility culture; space to be you and live your life
- Remote-first culture with help to build out your home office
- Premium health/dental/vision coverage nationwide
- Open and encouraged PTO
- All the equipment you need to get things done
How to Succeed at Good Money
- Committed to Saving the World. You are ready to cancel the endless cycles of extractive capitalism and help us build a movement that unlocks regenerative capitalism.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You're known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Experienced Remote Collaborator. You thrive working remotely and can effectively motivate and solve hard challenges on your own. You also have a strong ability to earn trust quickly and build strong relationships amongst team members.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You've worked in a fast-paced environment and can navigate ambiguity. You don't let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
FEEL RIGHT FOR YOU? THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING!