About Good Money
Good Money is the world’s first digital banking platform where we will make every customer an owner and allocate 50% of our profits to social and environmental impact.
Good Money is a conscious banking platform providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. The combination of an activist brand with D2C experience at scale positions positions Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
Job Description - Counsel
Since we're striving to create an entirely new kind of conscious banking platform, there are several unique challenges and opportunities we face in today's legal and regulatory environment. This role is being created to serve as our de facto head of legal, reporting directly to our COO. Together, along with outside counsel, we'll ensure our entire operation and product is on solid legal footing while enabling our customers to be a part of something bigger than a bank.
In practical terms, you'll provide business-oriented and practical legal advice to teams from Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, and other clients on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, company policies and procedures, and business strategy.
You'll negotiate, draft, and provide advice on complex commercial agreements relating to all aspects of Good Money’s business, including identifying and advising on new and changing laws and regulations that affect operations, new product development, and compliance obligations.
Things that will help you succeed in the role:
- JD and licensed to practice in California
- 2+ years at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department
- 2+ years at a fintech startup
- Experience in consumer financial services (both federal and state law), in particular with new product development
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to convey complex legal advice to business people
- A desire to learn and master new areas of law
- A freedom and responsibility culture; space to be you and live your life
- Remote-first culture with location flexibility as long as you have strong wifi and feel alive
- Fully-stocked San Francisco HQ and LA sister office with space for quiet, deep work and team collaboration
- Support to help build out your remote home office
- Premium health/dental/vision coverage nationwide
- Open and encouraged PTO
- All the equipment you need to get things done
Hiring Philosophy & Process
Look, we know job searching is hard, time-consuming, and stressful. We aim to let you know everything we can, when we can. We want to make sure you have all the time you need to learn more about us. We also want to have the time we need to learn more about you. Once we surpass the threshold, we want to move forward.
As an early hire, the more hats you can wear the easier it is for us to hire you. Especially if you're the self-directed type that makes smart decisions on your own and doesn't need a ton of guidance.
Anticipated Process for Top Candidates:
- Drop your application with us here
- Zoom interviews with People Ops, Business Ops, and leadership in October and November
- Regular check ins to see if the role is still right for you
- Reference checks, negotiation, and offer.
Feel Right For You?
We’d love to hear from you no matter your background. Drop your resume in one click and we’ll be happy to answer your questions from there.