About Good Money
Good Money is the world’s first digital banking platform where we will make every customer an owner and allocate 50% of our profits to social and environmental impact.
Good Money is a conscious banking platform providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. The combination of an activist brand with D2C experience at scale positions Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
About the Position
You are a skilled software engineer who can build a world class automated testing system that allows us to quickly improve reliability and add new features without introducing regressions. This is a unique opportunity to join a small 40+ person well-oiled machine that has garnered significant traction and is poised to change the landscape of a centuries-old industry.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible and accountable for creating the Quality Assurance strategy for Good Money. You will be the number one customer advocate ensuring amazing customer experience across Good Money’s acquisition assets (such as microsites, landing pages, blog), engaging banking products (such as the iOS and Android apps) and internal tools (such as the Customer Care Console) . Your mission will be to apply your impressive software engineering experience and skills towards creating a culture of test-centric development and continuous integration. You will work closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owners to translate product roadmaps into test cases to meet acceptance criteria. You’ll deliberately use data to inform your intuition and formulate strategic bets that others can support. You’ll also maintain relationships with external technology providers.
As a strong engineer, you’ll follow through on commitments, and balance tactical work and cross-cutting strategic projects. By sharing digestible context with the marketing team, designers, developers and product managers you’ll empower them to make better decisions while guarding their time.
This role is not for the meek. You will be trusted, and expected, to own each project you undertake, executing quickly at a high level from concept to product and then continuously iterating to uncover opportunities for improvement. You’ll roll up your sleeves alongside team members to dedicate the effort and energy to produce top scale work in service of our mission and purpose.
Working closely with others on our incredible Movement, Design, and Engineering teams, you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best in their fields -- all who are incredibly dedicated to producing the best work of their careers and encouragingly pushing each other to do the same.
And you’ll always be open to taking calculated risks and big swings, supported by a team in both success and failure.
It’s the right role for engineers who:
- Have lived through the starting or growth phase of a fintech or digital banking product
- Want to hop in on the ground floor of a product
- Want to grow their leadership and management skills by taking greater ownership over building a QA program
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Exceptional Software Engineer. You have 5+ years of relevant automated testing framework software development experience for D2C products. You hold yourself, as well as your team, to incredibly high standards.
- Bonus: You specifically have worked within a fintech, app-focused company, startup, or agency.
- Modern Software Architect. You have experience integrating and maintaining tests for different environments on CI/CD systems.
- Action-Oriented Self Motivator. You have a bias toward action and have a proven track record of going above and beyond -- because you’re personally driven.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You’re known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Excellent Communicator. You earn trust quickly and have strong interpersonal skills, which enables you to communicate well and clearly across teams. You effectively promote your ideas while simultaneously stay humble when you may be wrong.
- Experienced Remote Collaborator. This isn’t your first rodeo. You thrive working remotely and can effectively motivate and solve hard challenges on your own. You also have a strong ability to earn trust quickly and build strong relationships amongst team members.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and graciously navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
- 100% Mission-Aligned. You’re known for your humility, empathy, and integrity. You’re committed to creating a positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
- A freedom and responsibility culture; space to be you and live your life
- Remote-first WFH culture with location flexibility as long as you have strong wifi and feel alive (since before the crisis)
- Support to help build out your remote home office
- Premium health/dental/vision coverage nationwide
- Open and encouraged PTO
- All the equipment you need to get things done
Hiring Philosophy & Process
Look, we know job searching is hard, time-consuming, and stressful. We aim to let you know everything we can, when we can. We want to make sure you have all the time you need to learn more about us. We also want to have the time we need to learn more about you. Once we surpass the threshold, we want to move forward.
As an early hire, the more hats you can wear the easier it is for us to hire you. Especially if you're the self-directed type that makes smart decisions on your own and doesn't need a ton of guidance.
Anticipated Process for Top Candidates:
- Drop your application with us here
- Zoom interviews with People Ops and Engineering
- Regular check ins to see if the role is still right for you
- Reference checks, negotiation, and offer.
Feel Right For You?
We’d love to hear from you no matter your background. Drop your resume in one click and we’ll be happy to answer your questions from there.