About Good Money
Banks are owned by bankers. Good Money will be owned by you.
Good Money is the first banking platform that will be owned by customers. Big Banks make trillions funding the destruction of the planet. Good Money will invest 50% of profits in environmental and social justice. No deforestation, private prisons, or funny business. Ever. We’re built by an exceptional team of 40+ mission-driven people distributed nationwide.
About the Technology Team
Our aim is to build a team of the best in their fields who want a place where they can produce the proudest work of their careers. Whether you have built within fintech or outside it altogether, the only requirement is the willingness to learn and ability to build. For the right values-aligned candidates, we’ll support you in taking calculated risks and big swings in both success and failure.
Our first banking product is now live in the App Store and Google Play. We’re hiring for our in-flight project to build and own our frontend apps and our backend services that enable banking operations that support our customers.
About the Position
You are a skilled software engineer who can build a world class automated testing system that allows us to quickly improve reliability and add new features without introducing regressions. This is a unique opportunity to join a small 40 person well-oiled machine that has garnered significant traction and is poised to change the landscape of a centuries-old industry.
This role reports to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible and accountable for co-creating and managing the Quality Assurance strategy for Good Money. You will be the number one customer advocate ensuring amazing customer experience across Good Money’s acquisition assets (such as microsites, landing pages, blog), engaging banking products (such as the iOS and Android apps), and internal tools (such as the Customer Care Console). Your mission will be to apply your impressive software engineering experience and skills towards creating a culture of test-centric development and continuous integration.
It’s the right role for engineers who:
- Have lived through the starting or growth phase of a fintech or digital banking product
- Want to hop in on the ground floor of a product
- Want to grow their leadership and management skills by taking greater ownership over building a QA program
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Exceptional Software Engineer. You have 5+ years of relevant automated testing framework software development experience for D2C products. You hold yourself, as well as your team, to incredibly high standards.
- Bonus: You specifically have worked within a fintech, app-focused company, startup, or agency.
- Modern Software Architect. You have experience integrating and maintaining tests for different environments on CI/CD systems.
- Action-Oriented Self Motivator. You have a bias toward action and have a proven track record of going above and beyond -- because you’re personally driven.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You’re known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Excellent Communicator. You earn trust quickly and have strong interpersonal skills, which enables you to communicate well and clearly across teams. You effectively promote your ideas while simultaneously stay humble when you may be wrong.
- Experienced Remote Collaborator. This isn’t your first rodeo. You thrive working remotely and can effectively motivate and solve hard challenges on your own. You also have a strong ability to earn trust quickly and build strong relationships amongst team members.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and graciously navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
- 100% Mission-Aligned. You’re known for your humility, empathy, and integrity. You’re committed to creating a positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
- Guardians of Good
- Stronger Together
- Extraordinary Excellence
- Forever Student
- Leadership = Ownership
Hiring Philosophy & Process
Job searching can be hard, time-consuming, and stressful. We aim to let you know everything we can, when we can. We want to make sure you have all the time you need to learn more about us. We also want to have the time we need to learn more about you. Once we surpass the threshold, we want to move forward. We’re continuing to grow
- Distributed team nationwide
- Competitive salaries
- Open and flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
Anticipated Process for Top Candidates:
- Drop your application with us here
- Zoom interviews with People Ops, Product, & Engineering
- Regular check ins to see if the role is still right for you
- Reference checks, negotiation, and offer.
Feel Right For You?
We’d love to hear from you no matter your background. Drop your resume in one click and we’ll be happy to answer your questions from there.