Who are we?
Good Money is a conscious banking platform providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. The combination of an activist brand with D2C experience at scale positions positions Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
Good Money has the support of top investors including Breyer Capital (Facebook), Blocktower, Boost (Draper), Ken Howery (Founders Fund and PayPal co-founder), BlockChange, Cross Culture (Marlon Nichols), Struck Capital, Gil Penchina, Mitch Kapor, Peter Diamandis (X Prize), and Justin Rosenstein (Asana and Facebook “Like” button) and many others.
We're taking over the financial system and using it for Good, join us.
We’re looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing 35+ person team that has garnered significant traction and is poised to change the landscape of a centuries-old industry.
Your mission will be to apply your impressive software development and management skills towards creating a best-in-class engineering team. You will constantly be considering how components can and will scale across our platform now and in the future.
You will plan, design, and lead core technical projects and software architecture required to fulfill both short-term and long-term product requirements. Collaborating cross functionally, you will define end-to-end solutions and facilitate their executions across the engineering organizations. Furthermore, you’ll work closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owners to translate business needs into product roadmaps. You’ll deliberately use data to inform your intuition and formulate strategic bets that others can support. You’ll also maintain relationships with external technology providers.
As a strong manager, you’ll ensure tactical execution of the team, follow through on commitments, and balance teamwork between tactical and cross-cutting strategic projects. By sharing digestible context to employees, you’ll empower them to make better decisions while guarding their time. You’ll be dedicated as a coach and mentor to each member on your team, committing to regular growth and feedback conversations.
This role is not for the meek. You’ll roll up your sleeves alongside team members to dedicate the effort and energy to produce top scale work in service of our mission and purpose. And you’ll always be open to taking calculated risks and big swings, supported by a team in both success and failure.
Who You Are: A/n….
- Exceptional Manager. You have 5+ years of proven management experience delivering excellent D2C products. You hold yourself, as well as your team, to incredibly high standards.
- Bonus: You specifically have worked within a fintech, app-focused company, startup, or agency.
- Technical Contributor. You’re stellar at automating QA tests and software deployment. You have strong experience in developing rapid interactive prototypes.
- Platforms + Framework Expert. You have experience working with AWS cloud, GIT, JIRA, Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration (CI/CD), GraphQL, ReactJS frontend, native iOS development, native Android development. You are an expert at Scrum and Agile.
- Emotional Intelligent Leader. You’ve proven successful at effective hiring and developing high-performance distributed engineering teams. You also show good judgment in vendor selection, contract negotiation, and vendor management.
- Relentless Problem Solver. You’re known for being industrious. You have unfound limitless energy to creatively and independently find solutions to big and important challenges.
- Adaptable and Optimistic. You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and graciously navigate ambiguity. You don’t let hiccups upset you. You know things can change quickly and are always looking on the bright side.
- 100% Mission-Aligned. You’re known for your humility, empathy, and integrity. You’re committed to creating a positive impact and are eager to use your expertise for a mission you believe in.
Here’s What You Can Expect....
Your impact in this role
- You’ll gain immense pride in not only the quality of your work but also the direct impact your work will have on millions of users.
- You will join an incredibly talented team all are dedicated to best practices across org development and leadership — helping us achieve our goals together.
The growth and development you will experience
- You will hone your craft, strengthening your management and technical abilities.
- You will be mentored by other exceptional leaders who are eager for your perspective and excited to invest in your personal and professional growth.
The tangible and intangible perks of this role
- You will work with a great amount of autonomy on an enthusiastic, multidisciplinary team of people with diverse backgrounds.
- You will receive a competitive salary and premium benefits package, generous time off, paternal leave, team off-sites, and the option to work from several locations -- or where you desire.
Feel Right For You? Throw your hat in the ring!