Director - Banking Compliance - Good Money
About Good Money
Good Money is a conscious bank providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. The combination of an activist brand with D2C experience at scale, position Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
Good Money has the support of top investors including Breyer Capital (Facebook), Blocktower, Boost (Draper), Ken Howery (Founders Fund and PayPal co-founder), BlockChange, Cross Culture (Marlon Nichols), Struck Capital, Gil Penchina, Mitch Kapor, Peter Diamandis (X Prize), and Justin Rosenstein (Asana and Facebook “Like” button) and many others.
We're taking over the financial system and using it for Good, join us.
Works semi-independently under the general direction of the Chief Business Officer. Reviews and analyzes laws and regulations for business impact, anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through compliance-related activities.
Serves as a technical compliance expert, providing direction to others on complex issues.
Develops and recommends innovative compliance solutions. Assists the Chief Business Officer with compliance program strategy and manages outside compliance advisors.
Provide compliance input on sophisticated and often complex projects or operational requests.
Advises senior management on issues and has the ability and the authority to make sound decisions. Develop, design, and deliver innovative compliance strategies.
Stay abreast of compliance-related rules, regulations, and guidance. Review and interpret new and pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the business’ operations.
Proactively monitor and assess regulatory trends, industry actions, and other emerging compliance and risk Issues.
Manages compliance operations, including regulatory compliance and advice, problem recognition and resolution, and line of business guidance.
Provide direction to outside compliance advisors and mentor others to increase compliance competencies.
Provide training to staff to facilitate career growth and development.
Provide compliance advice relating to the implementation of new products, services, and/or Software.
Create and provide ongoing reports to management regarding compliance issues and trends.
Assist with banking compliance training program material content development and training schedules for functional areas within management responsibility.
Assist in responding to requests from regulators and addressing exceptions from audits, both internal and external.
- 7+ years of compliance experience; 5+ years of management experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required); advanced degree preferred (JD, MBA, or other related degrees)
- Financial services industry experience and familiarity with banking laws and regulations are required. Industry certification or continuing education in banking compliance is preferred. (CRCM, CAMS, etc.)
- Ability to handle sensitive issues professionally and discretely.
- Ability to build and sustain solid working relationships.
- Sound professional judgment and critical thinking skills. Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve. Ability to think strategically across multiple lines of business to create practical compliance solutions.
- Highly organized, ability to work autonomously with little supervision, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary.