Associate General Counsel - Good Money
About Good Money
Good Money is a conscious bank providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. The combination of an activist brand with D2C experience at scale, position Good Money to be a leader in the historic disruption of banking. The company is led by world-class founders who have built billion dollar+ companies with marketing experience and relationships that can bring tens-of-millions of users into the ecosystem quickly.
Good Money has the support of top investors including Breyer Capital (Facebook), Blocktower, Boost (Draper), Ken Howery (Founders Fund and PayPal co-founder), BlockChange, Cross Culture (Marlon Nichols), Struck Capital, Gil Penchina, Mitch Kapor, Peter Diamandis (X Prize), and Justin Rosenstein (Asana and Facebook “Like” button) and many others.
We're taking over the financial system and using it for Good, join us.
Provide business-oriented and practical legal advice to teams from Marketing, Product, Engineering, Finance, and other clients on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, company policies and procedures, and business strategy. Negotiate, draft and provide advice on complex commercial agreements relating to all aspects of Good Money’s business, including all client account agreements.
Serve as the primary legal adviser for marketing campaigns. Identify and advise on new and changing laws and regulations that affect operations, new product development, and compliance obligations.
Assist with regulatory inquiries, customer disputes, and litigation matters. Interface with outside law firms and advisors. Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned.
- JD and licensed to practice in California
- Minimum 6 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department
- Experience in consumer financial services (both federal and state law), in particular with new product development
- Experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex commercial contracts and other legal documents
- A team player who is willing to assist at any level of legal work that is needed to be done
- Ability to work autonomously - identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations, and assure legal compliance with minimal oversight
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to convey complex legal advice to business people
- A desire to learn and master new areas of law
- Understanding of privacy, cybersecurity, and data protection laws and regulations (e.g., Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, California Consumer Privacy Act, and state data breach notification laws)
- Experience with, and an understanding of, laws and regulations relating to registered investment advisers and broker-dealers (e.g., Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and FINRA rules)