We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who is excited to architect and implement technology, tools and infrastructure that empower Good Job Games!
We were founded in 2017 with the motivation to reach people globally by giving them unique and unforgettable experiences with disruptive products. Our games have reached over 3.5 billion people. This could only be done by gathering exceptional talent and creating a culture to enhance team spirit and creativity. We continue this journey which we have started with Hyper Casual games by adding Casual games to our portfolio. We are looking for passionate teammates to join our team!
What you'll be doing
In this role, you will conceptualize and build external shared game services which are distributed, highly available, have high throughput and low latency. You will also build internal services and tools that support game operations, state of the art data analysis, business intelligence and automation at scale, empowering various teams at Good Job Games. You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding Junior team members, as well as collaborating with other engineers to bring out the best in each other.
Why it matters
External game services help to maintain a dedicated player community through promotions, in-game events, keeping players entertained, unlocking new player retention strategies, and generating recurring revenue streams. Internal services and tools help all teams at Good Job Games make critical business decisions and operate different products and games. You’ll be in the driving seat and you’ll help build one of the best universal entertainment titles for Good Job Games and bring fun to billions of people worldwide.
Minimum skills and experiences
- B.S. or higher preferably in Computer Science, Math or Physics (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining distributed, highly scalable, low latency, fault tolerant backend architectures
- Strong engineering, design and architecture skills
- Experience with software engineering best practices
- Fluent in using Go programming language and strong understanding of advanced Go syntax and concepts
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS
Desired skills and experiences
- Experience with NoSQL and in-memory databases such as DynamoDB, Redis
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Github Actions
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as EKS, ECS, Nomad
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies such as CDK, Terraform, Pulumi
What makes our team so unique
- Feedback and transparency are at the heart of everything we do
- Exceptional and passionate people/team members
- Every idea counts
- Never-ending learning
- We never stop asking the questions “why” and “how”
- Team events and trips
- Flexible working schedule
- Great food
- On-site gym
- Full health benefits
- Full-compensation for paid military service
- Good Job Games Coin Program that lets you have unforgettable experiences (e.g. Going on a cruise trip to Norway or seeing the Northern Lights)
This is an on-site role in Istanbul, Sarıyer. Unfortunately, we do not offer a fully-remote working option.