Good2Go Auto Insurance, Inc. located in Port St. Lucie, FL, is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to manage the accounting responsibilities for the company. The candidate must possess solid communication, technology, analytical, and management skills along with knowledge of general accepted accounting principles. The person will operate in a fast paced, dynamic, and challenging environment and they must be passionate, accepting of a changing environment and constantly looking to influence the future outlook of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for all G2G Accounting activities- Monthly close process, Customer AR/Collections, Product Accounting, Vendor AP/Management, Account Structure (charts of accounts)
- Manager of G2G balance sheet to ensure all balances/reserves are properly recorded and any issues communicated
- Coordinator of Annual Audit processes with outside auditors
- Responsible for administration and implementation of all G2G Accounting policies and procedures
- Point person for coordination of all AR collections across the company
- Assist in the process of identifying any account/business fraud that may occur in the company
- Responsible for all external and compliance reporting with banks and shareholders
- Planning and coordination all accounting operational functions
- Manages the accumulation and consolidation for all financial data necessary fro an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinates and prepares the internal and external financial statements
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protects company assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Responsible for the company’s financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, account receivable, tax, and various special analyses
- Produces periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of year-end close process with internal and external auditors
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Planning, developing, organizing, implementing, directing, and evaluating the organization’s fiscal functions, performance, strategy, metrics, policies, and procedures
- Serving as a strategic partner and advisor form a financial perspective to the organization, including senior leadership and C-level executives, on decision making issues that impact MSMC
- Hiring , training, and retaining competent staff
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in accounting or finance, including previous management responsibility
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or other related field required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred or equivalent experience
- Advanced Degree (e.g., MBA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
COMPUTER / APPLICATIONS SKILLS:
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Quick Books, Great Plains, and other software systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency in Excel highly preferred, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and macros
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The candidate must be able to pass any required background and social media checks. The candidate must be able to maintain complete confidentiality of any information he/she encounters.
Here are just some of the Truly Amazing benefits we offer:
- You will receive industry-leading, paid training within our auto insurance division.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Programs-beginning on the 1st day of the month following 60 days of employment!
- 401k plans available!
- 7 company paid Holidays and up to 13 Days PTO in the first year depending on your start date.