Who you are
You are a generalist and a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better.
Although you’d rather focus on building quality software, you recognize the importance of the end-user. Your efforts should be tied to some type of ROI. You are fascinated with human behavior – how people think and act in different situations. You understand how the user experience defines the lasting impression on your users. Your customer’s needs are important, and solving their pains is a big priority for you. After all, you’re getting paid to make their lives better.
You’re not afraid of posting your code publicly to the internet to see. You’re even (sometimes) proud of the code you’ve written. You know there is great power in sharing your knowledge because you’ve been utilizing open source software for years.
Knowing good organization is extremely important to communicate your code’s intention, you won’t spend forever on it. Shipping finished code frequently is an essential yardstick for your performance.
You know there is a great deal to teach, while there is still so much you can learn from your peers. Every day you can’t wait to learn something new. Using code review and pull requests as a knowledge-sharing exercise, you apply it to your process and be better than before.
You know what it means to be an early engineer at a growing company. You take pride in your work/life philosophy. You want to work in a diverse environment.
What you’ll do at Go Nimbly
- Implement open source libraries, and design concepts to improve our infrastructure.
- Contribute to all aspects of our process: define, design, develop, test, and support.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes.
- Experience with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing) required; additional experience developing highly interactive web applications in React/Node.js/etc. preferred
- Comfortable designing software to be flexible
- Ability to write well-organized code
- Strong in lean and agile development
- Must possess curiosity, empathy, and a passion for User Experience (UX)
- Have leadership qualities – can eventually lead development efforts
- Experience with other front-end frameworks
- Salesforce APIs or certifications
- Consulting background
- Open Source contributions
- Go Nimbly Camp! A yearly offsite to celebrate our success and plan the year ahead
- Work alongside smart, talented people who will push you and help you grow
- The autonomy to make decisions to help our team grow in both breadth and depth
- Build experience working with innovative tech clients
- Frequent team-building activities, ranging from team outings to video games and board games played in the office
- Excellent health benefits, paid parental leave, PTO, and paid sick leave
About Go Nimbly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company (check out this recent blog post from our CSO). We’re committed to hiring the best, brightest, most diverse crew and fostering an environment where everyone is encouraged and enabled to grow both personally and professionally. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you find you will need a reasonable accommodation as part of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Nimbly is a revenue operations company based in San Francisco. We make SaaS companies more successful by breaking down internal silos that negatively impact the customer experience and increasing operational excellence. We work with some of the most innovative companies in the world, including Coursera, Twilio, Zendesk, PagerDuty, and others.
At ~50 people (and counting), we are based out of a sunny, modern office on the edge of The Mission and Potrero in San Francisco and WeWork offices in Manhattan and Chicago. We’re dog and cat-friendly.