Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Solution Engineers work tightly with customers on generating custom reports on Tableau, data extracts, building custom data pipelines in Snowflake, and providing Best Practices for working with the Motive platform. They support and advocate for our users and focus on delivering quality. The frontline of the organization, Solution Engineers are responsible for meeting customer project deadlines, customer satisfaction for services, and identifying leads/upsell opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with customers and various internal teams like Customer Success, support, and OPM teams to understand a client’s data requirements.
- Build customized reports through Tableau and other data needs via Python, snowflake, airflow, Kibana, etc.,
- During customer trials, guide potential customers to tease out their burning questions and then analyze Motive’s data lake to provide insights
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the internal KT stakeholders in sales, marketing, customer success, and R&D departments
- Participate in QA and code review and other process improvements.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4-6 years of engineer/consulting experience with databases and/or reporting
- 4+ years of experience working in data analysis/data science
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience with data architecting/operating solutions built on enterprise SaaS or other public cloud vendors like Snowflake, Airflow, Kibana, etc.,
- Technical degree preferred; Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Math background desired
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.