Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are hiring data engineer to help our sales operations, account quality and distribution teams. Who will report into our Account Strategy & Growth team and be responsible for a variety of projects that enable Motive to better sell to potential customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Expand the functionality of our internal distribution engine which assigns accounts to the 1,000+ sales reps at Motive
- Develop automated backend data systems to collect and sanitize data on our account universe
- Implement systems which prioritize and assign prospect accounts to our Sales team
- Build integrations with third party systems and data partners, improve account database quality
- Become the subject matter expert on how our account data is collected, expanded, maintained and used within our sales process
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering development,
- Strong experience in designing and implementing highly scalable data systems and services in Python, Java, Ruby, and/or Scala.
- Previous experience in object oriented programming and expertise in python preferred,
- Experience in SQL, data modeling and data architecture optimized for big data patterns. (Java, Python)
- Previous experience in big data and warehousing technologies like Snowflake, Redshift, etc..
- Previous experience in machine learning or analyzing big volumes of data preferred
- Good understanding of operations and building distributed systems at scale. Experience with CICD, containerized platform development like Docker and Kubernetes, Airflow, Cron, …
- Excellent verbal and written skills. You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.