Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Financial Products team is a small group within the larger Motive organization spinning up new features and functionality to help our customers spend, save, and track more efficiently. We’re seeking a Senior Product Designer with mobile experience to collaborate with our cross-functional technology and operations team. You’ll identify and understand customer problems and translate them into innovative and impactful solutions across our ecosystem of products and apps. You will drive design and create innovative financial products for both our long-haul trucking and local commercial clients and integrate into our existing suite of safety, compliance, tracking, fuel, and utilization features.
You will establish a high bar for quality and execution through effective design thinking, process, craft, and mentorship. You will establish, evolve, and evangelize the next generation of our design system across multiple product surfaces. And finally, you will partner with and mentor designers to elevate the output of the overall team..
This position reports to our Director of Product Design, Financial Products.
- Shape strategy and direction for the highest priority product investments
- Connect-the-dots across disparate product areas to uncover patterns and opportunities
- Think in terms of broad platform and systems strategy rather than siloed features
- Establish a high bar for design quality across the company that aligns with our brand
- Understand customer and business problems through research and data
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through execution and beyond
- Build alignment and articulate vision through strong storytelling and presentations skills
- Become a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with engineering to develop and deploy a componentized design system
- Mentor other designers and contribute to the overall design culture of the company
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience, Interaction and Interface design
- Experience leading complex web or mobile projects with a cross-functional team
- Ability to generate detailed design concepts, documentation, and prototypes
- A design portfolio that showcases proficient design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving
- Experience working with or creating design systems and frameworks
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to be comfortable with and navigate an industry undergoing disruption
- Unbounded curiosity and sense of adventure
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. Motive uses three geographic zones to determine pay range: Zone 4 (workers who live in San Francisco), Zone 3 (workers who live in select U.S. metropolitan areas: Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City Area, Seattle, Washington D.C.), and Zone 2 (workers who live elsewhere in the United States). For this role, the compensation ranges are:
- USA 4: 146,000- 219,000
- USA 3: 132,000 - 197,000
- USA 2: 117,000 - 175,000
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting https://www.comparably.com/companies/motive/perks-and-benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.