Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
EE Commodity Manager will work with Engineering teams and Manufacturing partners to deliver innovative products to our customers. He/She will be the primary contact for selecting vendors, negotiations and supplier management in assigned categories within the EE commodity. He/She will own the engagement with the supply base, support development, and implementation of strategy with best-in-class pricing, flexibility, and supply assurance.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, execute and provide periodic updates on cross-functional commodity sourcing strategy.
- Establish and maintain supplier executive relationships, and manage assigned suppliers’ performance using data-driven supplier business reviews.
- Propose, maintain and drive value engineering (VE) projects including cost reductions, supply continuity, second sourcing etc.
- Create value stream mapping of critical sub-components, and work with suppliers to implement risk mitigation steps in the sub-tier supply chain.
- Grow and maintain a high level of industry expertise and supplier/market conditions, and support engineering in monitoring new technologies.
- Drive RFIs/RFQs and lead cross-functional teams with a consistent supplier selection process, and ensure best-in-class pricing through benchmarking.
- Maintain agreements with supply base in assigned categories within EE commodity.
- Maintain supplier information in Arena PLM.
What We’re Looking For:
- BS in Engineering, MBA preferred but not required
- Multitasking, Cross-functional leadership
- Good at project management, Data Mining and Analysis
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- 5+ years experience working in commodity management, field application engineering, or sales experience.
- Prefer semiconductor industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in cost structures and should-cost analysis.
- Experience in negotiating pricing and supply agreements.
- Supply risk management experience with ability to evaluate supplier supply chain.
- System level analysis and development expertise of components.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.