Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
Motive is looking for a Computer Vision/Machine Learning engineers to design, develop, and build computer vision and machine learning technologies for driver and fleet safety systems for our 300K+ drivers and 60K+ fleets. You will work on hardware/software products enabled by the AI/ML technologies you build.
As a Senior/Staff Software Engineer, you will own and drive the key vision and machine learning product components and services, working towards delivering product features and value to the Motive customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to grow our Perception team. Motive's perception team is responsible for building the core machine vision components that enable our AI products. The team is responsible for 3 main areas: 1. Researching and building new ML Models and novel Vision algorithms to enable Motive AI Products. 2. Deploying the models and maintaining the performance of models in Cloud 3. Owning and deploying the deployment of the ML models and vision algorithms on embedded devices to enable AI on the Edge.
What You’ll Do:
- Prototyping, validating and iterating new CV and ML algorithm
- Optimizing, productionizing, and monitoring/refining performance of ML models on the cloud and the edge devices
- Considered one of the technical leaders of the department who guides current and future technology choices
- Have a deep understanding of the business and operational impact for different technology tradeoffs, and able to balance effectively based on the company’s need
- Enable other engineers on the team to be more effective through design and code that is easy to extend and contribute to
- Capable of influencing others and building consensus even over contentious technical debates
What We’re Looking For:
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, and PyTorch
- Extensive experience with machine learning, object detection, and classification
- Extensive experience in deploying perception algorithms into real-world environments
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Excellent mathematical reasoning skills
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.