Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We are addressing significant issues faced by trillion-dollar industries that power the physical economy, including logistics, transportation, food & beverage, plumbers, HVAC, construction, and oil & gas. These businesses continue to be the lifelines of our economy even during the COVID pandemic. The opportunity here is enormous, and you will have a massive impact.
The Dispatch / Asset Tracking team develops software that increases customer efficiency by managing, visualizing, and tracking daily deliveries. By providing real-time visibility across all the different operations, we elevate the customer experience and secure lifelong customers.
You will be joining a team that is operating in a fast-paced agile environment. As an engineer, you will be an active hands-on contributor, providing guidance as you help lead and influence the technical direction of the team with projects around geolocation, scheduling, routing to name a few.
What You’ll Do:
- Build software that is reliable, available, maintainable, scalable, serviceable and secure.
- Implement software development best practices for estimation, code reviews and testing.
- Build appropriate monitoring, logging, debugging for the health of the system.
- Actively work on our cloud native architectures.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-starter who likes solving difficult and ambiguous problems with a solid Computer Science foundation.
- 4+ years software product development experience building product, infrastructure, distributed systems, data models, APIs and reports.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails, Golang, or similar language
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.