Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are seeking a strong storyteller to join our team as a Product Marketing Director, who will help us accelerate the growth of our Motive Cards product offering. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker capable of guiding strategy and competitive positioning in a fast-moving environment, while simultaneously being detail-oriented, with a keen eye for detail across external and internal facing content contributing to Motive’s brand. This role will have a high level of ownership and visibility across the organization.
What You'll Do:
- Drive GTM strategy for Motive Card and the Spend Management application. Determine the right target audiences and the most effective ways to reach them. Develop GTM campaigns to help accelerate new pipeline and upsell opportunities.
- Own product positioning and messaging; develop a compelling narrative and value proposition for Motive Card to communicate our vision to target audiences externally and internally.
- Work with the Product teams to drive strategy, positioning, and messaging for existing products and new product launches.
- Partner with Content Marketing and Design teams to build content and collateral (blog, website, pitch decks, videos, etc) that reflect positioning and showcase the value and vision of our products.
- Create compelling customer case studies and testimonials as proof points for the product value proposition.
- Quarterback product launches by leading cross-functional teams.
- Develop thought leadership that makes Motive a perceived leader in the payments space. Monitor the market for key trends and work with the industry experts to ensure effective ongoing relevance in the market.
- Understand the customer, the competition, and how Motive’s technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems
- Work with the product, sales, marketing, design, sales, enablement, and customer success functions to identify obstacles in GTM processes and solutions for how to remove them.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of work experience in a product marketing / strategic function
- Previous experience in SaaS or FinTech
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills — has previous writing samples to point to
- Experience working with executive leadership and cross-functional teams
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, a high-energy go-getter
- Strong project management skills
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.