Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Commercial Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for driving new business relationships with decision makers in a diverse range of industries, such as long-haul trucking, construction, oil & gas, landscaping, excavating or any company with a fleet of cars or trucks between 20 - 80 vehicles. Your objective will be to engage, educate, and close key stakeholders throughout the sales cycle. We are looking for driven individuals with a persuasive, natural sales ability and a strong commitment to results. This is an amazing opportunity to join our fastest growing sales segment with the ability to advance into the Mid Market and Enterprise segments as well as Sales leadership.
- This is a remote/WFH role
What You'll Do:
- Consistently achieve monthly and quarterly quota targets
- Generate leads through cold calling and strategic online outreach
- Demo our software to prospective fleet managers, owners, and safety managers
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with related departments (Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, etc)
- Provide feedback from customers and prospects to the product and engineering team
- Maintain a consistent attention to detail in accurate sales forecasting and ensuring accurate data entry for clientele accounts on Salesforce
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1+ years of full sales cycle experience
- Hunter mentality
- Experience with pricing and deal structure negotiations
- Strong ownership attitude from prospecting, demonstrations, to negotiations and closing
- Adaptability within a fast-paced environment while proactively voicing ideas and taking initiative on projects
- Ability to quickly connect with others and motivate your surrounding team
The compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $132,000 OTE + uncapped commissions (which may vary based on performance).
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting https://www.comparably.com/companies/motive/perks-and-benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.