Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Commercial Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for driving new business relationships with decision makers in a diverse range of industries, such as long-haul trucking, construction, oil & gas, landscaping, excavating or any company with a fleet of cars or trucks between 20 - 50 vehicles. Your objective will be to engage, educate, and close key stakeholders throughout the sales cycle. We are looking for driven individuals with a persuasive, natural sales ability and a strong commitment to results. This is an amazing opportunity to join our fastest growing sales segment with the ability to advance into the Mid Market and Enterprise segments as well as Sales leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Consistently achieve monthly and quarterly quota targets
- Generate leads through cold calling and strategic online outreach
- Demo our software to prospective fleet managers, owners, and safety managers
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with related departments (Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Customer Success, etc)
- Provide feedback from customers and prospects to the product and engineering team
- Maintain a consistent attention to detail in accurate sales forecasting and ensuring accurate data entry for clientele accounts on Salesforce
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1+ years of full sales cycle experience
- Hunter mentality
- Experience with pricing and deal structure negotiations
- Strong ownership attitude from prospecting, demonstrations, to negotiations and closing
- Adaptability within a fast-paced environment while proactively voicing ideas and taking initiative on projects
- Ability to quickly connect with others and motivate your surrounding team
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.