Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building new financial products for our customers. As part of this role you will build APIs/services that integrate with payment platforms for processing transactions from Motive customers.
We are looking for strong engineers to build our financial stack and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance for payment transactions. This team is responsible for (a) building integration with payment platforms (b) processing transactions with high reliability (c) generating invoice and (d) processing payments from customers. Role can be remote within the US or remote in Vancouver, CA.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and scale data models and improve system performance.
- Build and make scalable design choices for API interfaces to work across internal and external applications and services.
- Ability to quickly learn billing/payment related third party integration like stripe or adyen.
- Building software that improves the cost of running a service in production, reduces iteration time and helps you and the team make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Build appropriate monitoring, logging, debugging for the health of the system.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization
What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years software development experience; previous experience leading a team of 4-5 engineers
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems and data models
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra
- Experience building for Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure or private clouds
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.