Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the execution of key Platform initiatives, including but not limited to. build and development tools, automation, and CI/CD systems. This role requires someone with a strong collaborative and growth mindset. You will also look after the career development of the engineering team members.
What You'll Do:
- Managing a team of 3-6 individual contributors
- Partnering with recruiting to hire engineers to the team
- Project planning and management
- Carry out weekly scrums, daily standups, and/or any other agile technique to manage team progress
- Mentor and help engineers to plan and execute their career paths
- Work with technical leads and managers to understand project requirements and business needs
- Work with senior team members to review all technical specifications
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across geographic locations.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience
- At least 2 years of people management and leadership experience
- Have technical depth and breadth in the following areas: build systems, automated testing systems, distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, container management/orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), agile development.
- Has experience in executing cross-functional projects across geographic locations.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Preferred experience with: AWS, Ruby on Rails, Golang, Bazel, Nix, Terraform, Ansible
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.