Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As an SMB Outbound Account Executive, you’ll have the opportunity to work with Motive's largest line of revenue. SMB customers, trucking companies with 1-19 trucks, make up the majority of Motive's customer base and are our largest revenue stream. We are looking for sales professionals who are competitive, driven, strong communicators and consistently practice refining their skillset. You should be humble, coachable and relentless towards hitting your goals and targets.
What You'll Do:
- High volume cold calling, prospecting new business and making outbound calls. You’re looking for the diamond in the rough, expect to have a high volume of outbound calls with a small number qualified prospects responding. This is a cold-calling full-cycle sales role.
- Demo Motive software to prospective fleet managers and drivers.
- Survey prospects to understand pain points within their business so that you can align those business needs with the Motive solution.
- Educate fleet managers and drivers about Motive, understand their requirements, and help them get started with Motive.
- Maintain a consistent pipeline of qualified prospects and provide accurate forecasts for revenue.
- Achieve daily KPIs and monthly quota.
What We're Looking For:
- Up to 1 year of work experience. International outbound experience will be a plus. Fresh graduates can also apply.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals.
- Strong end-to-end ownership attitude from prospecting, demonstrations, to closing.
- Must be a self-starter, who empowers themselves and others to learn in a quickly evolving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (may be requested to take a ‘words per minute’ test)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and thrives with change.
- Experience with Salesforce, G-suite, MS Office tools, and general technical aptitude preferred.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.