Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Job:
Motive is looking for Research Scientist(s) and Engineer(s) to design, develop, and build computer vision and machine learning technologies for driver and fleet safety systems for our 470K+ drivers and 90K+ fleets. You will work on hardware/software products enabled by the AI/ML technologies you build.
As a Research Scientist, you will own and drive the key vision and machine learning product components and services, building solid AI products, deploying them at scale, and solving a very meaningful problem.
Motive’s perception team is responsible for building the core machine vision components that enable Motive’s AI products. The team is responsible for 3 main areas: 1. Researching and building new ML Models and novel Vision algorithms to enable Motive AI Products. 2. Deploying the models and maintaining the performance of models in the field 3. Owning and deploying the deployment of the ML models and vision algorithms on embedded devices to enable AI on the Edge.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and prototype novel computer vision algorithms and deep learning models
- Improve the performance of our models and algorithms already in production
- Convert research prototypes into production systems and AI products
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers in cross-functional teams to develop experiments, prototype, analyze results, figure out how well a particular algorithm or a model is performing in the field, and propose solutions.
- Solve challenging object detection, segmentation, recognition, depth/distance estimation, and geometric computer vision problems.
What We’re Looking For:
- PhD in Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or related field
- Hands-on experience with training frameworks and tools (TensorFlow | Pytorch | Caffe)
- Proven track record of innovation and achieving significant results, demonstrated by first-authored top-tier publications at conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, and ECCV
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Strong communication skills. The ability to explain the analysis, complex computer vision/ML concepts to a broad technical audience
- Balance building highly accurate and advanced solutions and swiftly shipping things to production
- Keep pace with advancements in Computer Vision and Deep Learning relevant to our activities
- Experience driving a research prototype to a scalable production system is a strong plus.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.