Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow with a team that is fast-paced and dedicated. We are looking for candidates with a strong CS background, who are natural team players to act as a key part of the QA team in testing our Motive ELD (Electronic Logging Device, an in-vehicle data acquisition system) and non-ELD integrated software features. This is a cross-functional role that partners with our Product, Design, and Customer Success teams as well as our software engineering and embedded systems development teams.
What You'll Do:
- Create test plans, maintain documentation and perform testing on multiple devices, platforms, and browsers
- Plan and Execute verification of features broken down into components for weekly releases.
- Takes full ownership of all QA artifacts
- Points out execution gaps and completely owns process improvements.
- Actively looks into all ES and customer-facing issues being reported for your org
- Aid in retrospecting possible customer issues with the leads
- Identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in web and mobile applications as well as ELD functions, outputs, online screens, and content
- Take ownership of E2E testing
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in Software Testing
- Flare for testing map-based real-time systems
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, SCRUM, and Agile Testing Life Cycles
- Ability to take ownership of all manual testing tasks
- Experience in both manual testing and automation
- Ability to understand Software Design Specifications
- Ability to create boundary value, positive, and negative test cases
- Basic knowledge of Rest API
- UI Automation will be a plus
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools (JIRA will be preferable)
- Knowledge of OOP, Data Structures, and Algorithms
- Keen towards programing languages and code reviews
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.