G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The Takeout and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
Reporting to the CFO, the Analyst will have responsibility for financial planning activities as well as the successful functioning and optimization of the company’s business-critical financial reporting system. The Analyst should possess strong analytical and technical capabilities as well as a solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and reporting to understand and meet business needs.
- Analyze data, ensure data integrity, and create reports based on such data to help support business units and the company as a whole
- Assist with the preparation and administration of the financial planning, budgeting and forecast cycle
- Responsible for preparing and entering adjustments from business units and running associated reporting
- Support ad hoc custom reporting and financial modeling to drive business efficiencies and enhance business management through the month end close process and budget/forecast cycle
- Assist with the maintenance of Standard Reports and assist in the creation of custom reports
- Assist with the integration of new acquisitions at the financial reporting level, master data level, and the budget/forecasting level
- Deliver ad hoc financial analysis and provide support to the CFO
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance
- Prior FP&A and/or experience in finance/accounting preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and a working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports preferred
- Netsuite experience preferred but not required
- Ability to prioritize and solve problems quickly efficiently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.