G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, The Takeout and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Merchandising Manager based in our New York office that will be responsible for developing and implementing merchandising strategies across Brands. We are looking for an individual who will build and review analysis of merchandise at store level and propose results-oriented actions, oversee all aspects of network expansion and communicate strategies to executive leadership. The Merchandise Manager will evaluate and recommend store distribution, supervising product flow to stores, additionally acting as the category expert, providing monthly qualitative, quantitative and competitive reports and market needs for Management and Product Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the company’s digital stores and the associated financial metrics.
- Determine the appropriate KPIs for the business, and measure periodically.
- Develop hypotheses and lead experimentation efforts to facilitate an always-on testing environment.
- Evolve the on-site merchandising experience of current products, new products, and new bundles at various price points.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, growth, & brand marketing to continuously evolve digital product strategy.
- Design digital product reports and conduct ad hoc reporting.
- Ability to think strategically about growing the business and opportunities, but also get into the weeds. This includes some customer service and transaction support.
- 2-5 years of relevant product management experience, preferably at a high-growth ecommerce startup
- Familiarity with Shopify.
- Desire to optimize the user experience, grow revenue and margin significantly & improve KPIs.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a fast learner.
- Analytical and use data to inform the digital product roadmap and sprint prioritization.
- Ability to conduct both quantitative (i.e. A/B testing) and qualitative research and synthesize results into actionable insights.
- Experience in Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools is required.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.