G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O Media is seeking a Los Angeles City based Video Editor / Producer to join its growing video team. This role work across G/O Media’s entire portfolio of brands creating daily short-form video content that is optimized for digital consumption. He/she will work on a wide variety of quick turnaround, short-form content on a variety of subject matters. The Video Editor / Producer must have an understanding of content that works well on digital platforms and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment. He/she must have experience working in Adobe Premiere, a knowledge of post-production processes and media management, and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide-range of content creators. The Video Editor / Producer will be an experienced video storyteller who can communicate through short-form content. Knowledge of color correction or motion graphics is a plus.
- Edit short-form, digital video content on a daily basis
- Collaborate with both video producers and editorial video leads on content covering a wide-range of topics and subject matters.
- Develop and maintain the G/O video team media management strategy.
- Tell quick video stories in a compelling manner for a variety of digital properties.
- Collaborate on video projects from ideation through publish.
- Work with Coordinating Producer on edit schedule and deadlines.
- Be a strong partner in helping the video team reach its creative goals and strategic KPIs.
- Experience cutting in Adobe Premiere.
- Experience editing and producing short-form content for digital platforms.
- Working knowledge of media management in a quick turnaround, nimble environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Top-notch creative ability to tell video stories in short-form content
- Knowledge of exporting and publishing video content.
- Motion graphics knowledge is a plus.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.