G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 120 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
G/O Media is seeking a Los Angeles City based Shooter / Producer to join its growing video team. This role will work across G/O Media’s entire portfolio of brands creating daily short-form video content that is optimized for digital consumption. They must be able to shoot and produce in the field, in G/O Media’s in-house studios, and via remote setups. The Shooter/Producer will work on a daily basis in a high output environment with the ten Video Leads who oversee video content for individual sites. They must have experience working with C-500s, a functional knowledge of lighting, the ability to execute their own audio, and experience cutting on Adobe Premiere. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative doer who likes to produce short-form content on a daily basis.
- Shoot and produce daily video content for all of G/O Media’s brands.
- Collaborate with site Video Leads to bring video content concepts to fruition.
- Shoot and produce in the studio, in the field, and in remote setups.
- Produce and develop on-air talent of varying experience.
- Operate as a one-person band as necessary handling both shooting and audio.
- Be a liaison between editorial and video on content from ideation through publish.
- Represent G/O Media to outside organizations and individuals when planning shoots.
- Work with the Coordinating Producer to ensure equipment is well-maintained and in working order.
- Be a key partner in ensuring the video team achieves its creative goals and strategic KPIs.
- Experience shooting on Canon C-500 or similar models.
- Experience working with and developing on-air talent.
- Experience editing on Adobe Premiere Plus.
- Knowledge and experience in lighting in a studio environment
- The ability to be organized and work quickly in a nimble environment.
- The ability to juggle several production projects at the same time.
- Excellent collaboration skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.