G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, A.V. Club, and The TakeOut and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About The Role:
Working in both a pre-sale and post-sale capacity for G/O Media’s award-winning branded content team, the Branded Content Writer is charged with brainstorming, organizing, presenting, and facilitating best-in-class video and written branded content ideas across G/O Media’s 11 brands.
This role requires experience in branded content conception and execution, excellent writing and presentation skills, and a strong comfort level in client-facing arenas such as pitch meetings and kick-off calls.
Passion for our G/O portfolio of sports, tech, lifestyle, humor, entertainment, auto, gaming, and multicultural and women’s issues is a must, and category expertise in one or more of these passion points is ideal.
This role reports to the Creative Director, G/O Media Studios.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent the G/O Media Studios branded content team throughout the pre-sale/RFP answer process for G/O Media’s full portfolio of brands
- Actively participates in the creative process by asking questions and voicing opinions
- Work with members of the Strategy team and Creative Director to align on content strategy for incoming RFPs
- Join agency qualification calls with Strategy and Sales team members as needed
- Serve as a key creative voice in the brainstorm room who can also ensure idea output is on tone for both the brand and our sites and that ideas answer the creative brief
- Lead projects from ideas to the finished products, including video treatments, beat sheets, scripts, paper edits, etc.
- Organize and prioritize ideas coming out of brainstorms in regards to content type, budget level, client KPI, and other criteria pertinent to the RFP ahead of CD review
- Revise ideas according to the Creative Director’s review
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, English or Communications preferred
- 4 to 7 years of experience in copywriting, branded content or comparable roles
- Agency experience is strongly preferred
- Be a chameleon – able to write in many voices, changing from one to another as quickly as you change from one project to another
- Excellent communication skills
- Be comfortable presenting to clients
- Be proactive, self-starting and always thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has strong attention to detail
- Takes responsibility for the success of the projects they work on
- Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Fluent in relevant software; Google Docs, MS Word, Powerpoint and Keynote
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.