G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Ad Ops Strategy & Execution is a NYC-based role on our growing Ad Operations team, which manages media planning, delivery, optimization, and reporting for all G/O Media ad campaigns. The Ad Ops team includes roles from pre-sale through post-sale execution and works closely with Sales, Marketing, and our creative partners in G/O Media Studio and OnionLabs. This role is focused on oversight of post-sale technical campaign delivery: we’re looking for someone to manage the Ad Ops team. The ideal candidate is an experienced Ad Ops pro looking to manage a small team of domestic and international technical experts.
- Provide oversight of the booking and implementation of sold ad campaigns across all G/O Media properties, ensuring that campaigns launch on time, deliver exactly what was sold, and exceed all given benchmarks by optimization.
- Train, manage workload, and optimize process for the G/O Media ad operations team.
- Lead a domestic team supporting ad operations initiatives, balancing responsibilities with offshore teams.
- Plan, manage and execute on new ad product developments.
- Plan, manage and execute on our G/O Veritas first party data development efforts.
- Provide critical oversight of program KPIs and client performance updates.
- Oversee execution of ad programs ranging from, but not limited to, display ads, video ads, custom ads, custom content offerings, site takeovers.
- Communicate and partner with internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Technology, Account Management, Media Planning, Design, Social, Legal) as a subject matter expert in ad ops.
- Work with those teams to lead and organize implementation efforts to launch new capabilities.
- Ensure team proficiency building ad campaigns using the Boostr order management platform.
- Manage expectations internally and externally regarding schedules, resources and budgets
- Work with Sales, Tech and Operations leadership to regularly re-evaluate existing ad capabilities. Maintain leading knowledge of the competitive landscape, market innovations, new industry guidelines, and developments in the ad tech industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing digital ad campaigns, preferably at medium to large web publishers
- Demonstrated success coordinating with cross-functional project teams, juggling multiple projects at one time, and executing against firm deadlines
- Expert understanding of the Google Ad Manager platform
- Web tracking and reporting expertise using tools such as GoogleAnalytics, Google Ad Manager
- Demonstrable expertise with QA tools and methodology
- Very strong organizational skills and eye for detail
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
Additional experience desired:
- Agency/buy-side campaign management experience
- Experience using the Boostr platform
- Experience with content management platforms
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.