G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Digital Media Planner to help develop digital media strategies in support of our Ad Sales team. The Digital Media Planner is a NYC-based role on our growing Ad Operations team, which manages media planning, delivery, optimization, and reporting for all G/O Media ad campaigns. The team includes roles from pre-sale through post-sale execution and works hand in hand with Sales, Marketing, and our creative partners in G/O Media Studio and OnionLabs. What’s the Media Planner’s role? You will work with the marketing team to combine our best in class branded content capabilities with our award winning written, video and audio content. You will understand our advertising specs, tracking & targeting capabilities, and inventory to create the best possible media plans for every client KPI and budget. You are a packaging expert and excel wizard!
- Create digital sales plans using appropriate media mix, inventory avails and pricing
- Become an internal expert on our rates, minimums, and performance expectations
- recommend tactics that work best against campaign KPIs, working closely with our sales and marketing teams to effectively create a media strategy that aligns with client goals
- Manage ad spec requests
- Review & approve all Insertion Orders for accuracy against media plans and compliance to terms & conditions
- Collaborate with internal teammates to ensure campaigns successfully transition from proposal to order to execution
- BA/BA required
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in strategic digital planning or digital sales support
- Demonstrated ability to understand client priorities and translate to effective media plans
- Proficiency in digital media tools such as Google Ad Manager/DV360, iDesk, MediaVisor, MediaOcean, ComScore, Prisma, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Experience with the Boostr sales & order management system is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
- Understanding of and continued curiosity about the evolving digital media industry
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.