G/O Media is the publisher of the web's most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion, Takeout, and A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Affiliate Business Associate to manage merchandising partnerships for various categories such as home goods, furniture, and outdoor categories for G/O Media's portfolio of brands, including The Inventory, A/V Club, Deadspin, Gizmodo, LifeHacker, Jalopnik, Jezebel, Kotaku, The Takeout, The Root, and The Onion. This role uniquely combines the skills to identify the best deals, inform product reviews, and develop strategy and execution plans to grow branded content.
- Own all aspects of category planning, partnership, and content development
- Develop and manage relationships with leading brands
- Create category strategy and meet operational KPIs
- Work with editorial teams to inform the content creation
- Manage SKU development from a product / creative and fiduciary point of view; Must have the ability to build collections from the ground up—knowledge of the product development process in multiple categories
- Responsible for developing and achieving overall financial goals to support division business plans
- Communicate industry/market trends and competitive information to help take advantage of market/product/sales opportunities
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and being process-driven
- Knowledge of G/O Media brands preferred
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or Merchandising
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital media and eCommerce, specializing in home goods, furniture, outdoors categories
- Knowledge of affiliate commerce and partners
- Experience in managing external partners or brands in the select categories
- Understanding of top of market trends and consumer purchase behavior
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- A proven track record with design and collateral implementation
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
This person will understand the brands in the G/O Media portfolio and develop product strategies that resonate with our readers to match the sensibility of the brand and its content. Analytically driven, the Affiliate Business Associate must operate with strong business acumen and hold accountability for overall profitability and delivering strategic plans. Experience setting corporate priorities, business objectives, and critical metrics/KPIs and ensuring the attainment of these metrics is essential. Must be able to interact, motivate, and build strong relationships with team members and stakeholders from all disciplines and levels of management.
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.