G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for an Audience Development Associate to join the Audience Development team in our New York office. The position, reporting to the Head of Audience Development, will work with multiple stakeholders across the company with the goal of driving growth and engagement for G/O Media brands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage posting duties for select social media channels
- Coordinate with the editorial and video team to stay informed and advise about upcoming content priorities through keyword research and trends
- Help expand G/O Media Brands on emerging platforms
- Provide regular reporting on social media related KPIs
- Act as a resource for all socials trends, technologies and best practice
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience with a brand’s social media account
- Curiosity and excitement about the workings of digital media
- Strong communication, organizational, and collaboration skills
- Experience with Email or CRM a plus
- Ability to remain organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Google Docs/Sheets etc.
- Proficient in Excel
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Knowledge and passion for G/O Media Brands
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.