G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an analytically-minded, creative, motivated and motivating Account Manager to join our G/O Media advertising team. In this Los Angeles-based role, you will lead the execution of advertising campaigns developed in partnership between G/O Media and our advertising clients. Once we sell a deal you own its success! These campaigns can include media, custom content, and live events. You are the primary post-sale contact for our advertising partners, and client satisfaction is your mission. You will work collaboratively to scope and deliver projects with our advertisers, internal marketing, sales, creative and editorial, and operations partners. This includes detailing deliverables, estimating timelines and resource requirements, managing the production process to ensure successful launches, and optimizing and reporting results against client KPIs. As the Account Manager, you’ll be the hub of the wheel coordinating activity among many internal and external stakeholders. Your goal will be to efficiently manage the development process, successfully deliver advertising projects on time, monitor delivery against pacing and KPIs, and strive to exceed client performance expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and implement sold-in custom advertiser-driven campaigns across all G/O Media brands.
- Execute programs ranging from, but not limited to, display media, sponsored content, video, audio & written branded content, sweepstakes/contests, social activations, live / virtual events
- Optimize to client KPIs throughout programs
- Communicate and partner with internal teams (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Editorial, Design, Production, Social, Legal) and third party vendors to create custom content and ad products
- Lead client communication for all assigned programs
- Coordinate delivery of custom content elements in conjunction with display ad campaigns
- Troubleshoot issues discovered during QA, revising as needed
- Coordinate comprehensive performance tracking for all elements
- Manage expectations internally and externally regarding schedules, resources and budgets
- Ensure that campaigns launch on time, deliver exactly what was sold, and exceed all given benchmarks by optimizing when necessary
- Summarize, analyze and share results throughout campaigns
- Minimum of 3-5 years successful experience in client service, managing advertising or marketing projects for digital execution. Video production a plus.
- Very strong organizational skills and eye for detail
- Ability to lead a cross-functional project team, juggle multiple projects at one time, and execute against firm deadlines
- An approach that balances a sense of urgency with a calming presence
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to synthesize complex information
- Knowledge of standard web applications, rich web technologies (e.g., Web 2.0, HTML, browsers, Flash, etc.)
- Familiarity with the technical trackers used to monitor digital campaign performance KPIs such as impressions, clicks, engagement, viewability, conversion, and audience composition
- Web tracking and reporting expertise using tools such as Google Ad Manager, GoogleAnalytics and Sprout
Additional experience desired:
- Platforms: Asana or other project management software, CMS, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Sprout
- While this role is not technical, comfort with QA tools and methodology and troubleshooting technical problems using common browser debugging tools is a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.