G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an analytically-minded, solutions oriented, motivated and motivating Revenue Analyst to join our G/O Media advertising team. In this NYC-based role, you will own the reporting of our sales revenue and performance analysis and report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer with deep collaboration with the Finance team.You are analytical and creative in your data analysis, and are inherently curious with a strong desire to develop an understanding of the business, performance against our KPIs and can clearly communicate results and recommendations to our stakeholders across the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own aspects of sales reporting
- Partner with sales management to oversee day-to-day process execution
- Lead sales forecasting, planning, and processes used within the sales organization
- Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts
- Execute strategic support plans for both programmatic and studios business
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, and partner strongly with our Sales and Strategy teams
- Identify and execute process implementations
- Ensure system integrity in CRM; Act as owner of data accuracy and reporting, representing Sales with Finance
- Assist in the development of internal controls to ensure integrity of business processes and data.
- Discover and drive performance improvements across the teams, tools and processes we use and help to build the foundation for us to continue to scale at speed
- Direct management of account managers to maintain best practice execution of our post-sale workflows
- Implement, document, enforce processes and tools that will maintain integrity and accuracy of sales data, sharing regular feedback with management
- Define, document, and maintain RevOps policies
- Be a passionate advocate and partner with internal teams to understand and solve complex Ops issues
- 5+ years of Sales Operations experience, ideally at a Media publisher or platform
- Experience implementing Sales strategy, training, and enablement efforts
- Experience rolling up forecast reports from multiple data sources
- You must have a bias towards action, proven manager and leader, can dig deep into the data, and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights and contribution to both creating and executing business strategies
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask are critical
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, organizational as well as presentation skills
- Experience in a team oriented, fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, scaling environment
- Highly motivated and results driven self-starter, operating with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Strong competency with Excel, business models, pivot tables, charts and graphs
- An excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Revenue Operations processes and systems (sales cycle, CRM and OMS applications, lead generation, reporting, forecasting, territory management, compensation planning, and sales quotas)
- Boostr & Netsuite knowledge preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree required
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.