About The Role:
Working in both a pre-sale and post-sale capacity for G/O Media’s award-winning branded content team, the Associate Creative Director (Copy) is charged with brainstorming, organizing, presenting, facilitating, and managing best-in-class branded content ideas and experiences across G/O Media’s properties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Collaborates with creatives, writers, and strategists to set new standards in creative work
● Leads break-through brand expressions, campaign creative, and digital forward design
● Creates world-class creative for G/O Media’s publications and marketing campaigns
● Ensures quality elevation in all aspects of creative execution
● Partners with cross-functional teams to plan, concept and design compelling content
● Mentor designers in best practice, design process and conceptualizing
● Be the eyes and ears of our Studio throughout the pre-sale/RFP answer process
● Work with members of the Strategy team and Creative Director to align on content strategy for incoming RFPs
● Join agency qualification calls with Strategy and Sales team members as needed
● Review, and give feedback on, creative briefs as provided by the Strategy team -- ensuring they are clear, useful, and actionable for our team
● Serve as a senior voice in the brainstorm room, ensuring idea output is on tone for both the brand and our sites, and that ideas answer the creative brief
● Work to produce, delegate, and function as the creative lead on assigned projects once they’ve sold.
● Guide the video production process from a narrative POV, weighing in on beat sheets, scripts, and paper edits as crafted by the project Writer.
● Organize and prioritize ideas coming out of brainstorms in regards to content type, budget level, client KPI, and other criteria pertinent to the RFP ahead of CD review.
● Revise ideas according to the Creative Director’s review.
● Participate in client-facing calls and meetings such as pitches, kickoffs, etc.
● Collaborate with members of The Onion branded content team on a case-by-case basis.
● Review and approve pre-sale and post-sale work in Creative Director’s absence.
● Working in tandem with the ACD of art, approve video cuts before routing to Creative Director for final sign-off.
● Stay abreast of current industry trends and competitor work.
● Additional responsibilities as directed.
● 7+ years experience branded/editorial content experience with a publisher or agency
● Ability to clearly articulate why specific creative decisions were made to stakeholders
● Excellent conceptual and writing skills
● Ability to work on multiple projects, manage time efficiently, and effectively implement creative feedback from leadership
● A thorough understanding of digital platforms
● Portfolio features world-class copy-writing, editorial, and/or campaign work
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.