G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
The Ad Ops Coordinator is a NYC-based junior role on our growing Ad Operations team, which manages media planning, delivery, optimization, and reporting for all G/O Media ad campaigns. The Ad Ops team includes roles from pre-sale through post-sale execution and works very closely with Sales, Marketing, and our creative partners in G/O Media Studio and OnionLabs. This role is focused on post-sale technical campaign delivery: we’re looking for someone web-savvy and resourceful to join the Ad Ops team and help us be the ad serving and analytics experts for our company and our clients! The ideal candidate is an expert problem solver and data digger but also an expert communicator -- able to dive in to retrieve details and then discuss them in a human way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter campaign information into our order management system (Boostr)
- Traffic ad campaigns in Google Ad Manager
- Aggregate and organize advertiser reports for presentation
- Aggregate and organize advertiser performance data for internal collection and benchmarking
- Actively participate in the campaign management process as required, which includes entering orders, ad testing, campaign setup and optimization.
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness. Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Proficiency in Excel (including formulas)
- Understanding of the basic language of online campaign measurement: impressions, clicks, engagement, KPIs, uniques, pageviews, visits, referrers, etc., and a desire to become an expert technical resource in this area
- Basic knowledge of HTML and ability to perform simple code troubleshooting
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems using common browser debugging tools
- Familiarity with Google products like Docs, Calendar, Analytics
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS required
Additional experience desired:
- Familiarity with Platforms: Google Ad Manager, CMS, Google Analytics, Sprout
- Prior experience trafficking in an ad server (Google Ad Manager preferred) or in ad operations, sales support, or account management
- While this role is not technical, comfort with QA tools and methodology and troubleshooting technical problems using common browser debugging tools is a plus
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.