G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
At G/O Media, we are seeking a Full Stack Engineer to be an essential part of our engineering team. We’re using modern data technologies to build our technology: distributed computing principles, multi-cloud and cluster based, Scala/Python. We embrace service oriented architecture in the implementation of all core platform features. Our platform runs on AWS and is expanding to the Google Cloud Platform, our deployments are automated.
What will you be doing:
- Be part of the full life cycle of our product
- Help figure out specific user needs and work to implement them
- Translate user needs into technological challenges
- Help us finetune and improve our CMS solutions
- Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, DevOps, and the editorial team
- Champion the implementation of development best practices and standards
- At least 2 years of professional fullstack development experience
- Experience with Scala (Play Framework and Akka is preferred) or experience with Python
- An ability to adapt to fast iterations and prior experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.