G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our technology team in creating a modern content technology stack. The ideal candidate will have full-stack experience and posses the ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Full Stack Engineer will be a part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire G/O Media content platform. We’re looking for someone eager to learn and contribute to team success.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help figure out specific user needs and work to implement them
- Translate user needs into technological challenges
- Help us finetune and improve our CMS solutions
- Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, DevOps, and the editorial team
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in the following: software architecture; designing and scaling system architecture for website(s) that receive a large (10M+) number of visitors
- Proficiency with Scala, Play Framework and Akka is preferred
- Experience with Python is a plus
- An ability to adapt to fast iterations and prior experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.