G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
About the Role:
G/O Media is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to ensure the company’s highly technical platform, Kinja, continues to seamlessly execute critical functions including, researching technology, providing strategic direction, and guiding design of the platform. You will join our team of engineers who are creating a modern content technology stack to give our audience, editors, and advertisers tools that enable them to tell amazing stories. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly pick-up new frameworks and implement thoughtful solutions within it, writing clean and scalable code.
Reporting to the VP, Engineering, the Senior Full Stack Engineer will be a part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire G/O Media content platform
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work on complex deliverables, debugging and triaging all critical systems, and providing education, training, knowledge sharing, and mentoring to other engineers.
- Identify any problems with Kinja, raise attention of the product and business teams, coordinate a solution that is aligned with the current goals and roadmaps of the organization, and coordinate engineering teams to address them.
- Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, DevOps, and the editorial team
- Assist with the smooth execution of complex deliverables and take into consideration technical limitations, engineering skills and resources when designing applicable software.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in the following: software architecture; designing and scaling system architecture for website(s) that receive a large (10M+) number of visitors
- Prior experience in a role building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.