What We're Building
Maestro is the industry's first SaaS platform that helps private equity firms institutionalize their unique approach to portfolio operations and unlock value creation opportunities. Leveraging 10 years of consulting expertise at Accordion Partners, we unite best-in-class playbooks with a workflow and collaboration solution – enabling Sponsors to better align with Management Teams (and drive maximum returns) through in a single centralized platform for all aspects of portfolio operations.
Having just completed our Series A round, Maestro has raised $7.2M of outside funding to date and is backed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Accordion Partners, and a consortium of some of the most prominent individuals in Private equity. Based in New York and Boston, Maestro is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a lead product designer to join our growing product team. As our most senior Product Designer you’ll lead the design work on challenging, rewarding, and high-impact initiatives, and will be empowered to use your knowledge and experience to improve how we work. You will ensure we launch impactful features with a delightful user experience for our customers. This role has no line management responsibilities, but as a lead individual contributor you will be expected to act as a model and mentor to others in the team, helping everyone learn and grow.
From visualizing the future of our end-to-end user experience, establishing a design system, and creating wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups, you will level-up our product design process while ensuring inclusivity and collaboration. You'll also get to dig into insights and uncover opportunities we didn’t see before, turning those opportunities into delightful design solutions. And you’re always keeping your finger on the pulse of best-in-class Design and industry trends to stay ahead of the curve and proactively find opportunities to improve the experience.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design work for strategic initiatives from beginning to end: research, ideation, prototyping, testing, launching, evaluating, and iterating. You’ll spend the majority of your time directly on design work, from high-level user journey mapping and system design through to high-fidelity UI design.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users motivations, goals, jobs to be done and the larger systems in which they operate. You’ll organize and conduct user research and testing sessions, dig into data and previous insights, and work closely with Product Managers.
- Collaborate and create a shared understanding across the team. You’ll communicate clearly through documentation and presentations, explaining the rationale for your ideas and the trade-offs involved. You’ll also get others involved by leading workshops to explore problems, generate ideas, and hear feedback.
- Level up how we work. Whether through your feedback and mentorship to other designers, or through process changes and collaborating with our VP of Product, you’ll strive to improve how we build a great product.
- 5+ years of experience designing complex digital products, especially within B2B context
- A degree in Design (Product, Interactive, Digital, etc.), or a related field.
- Prior experience as a Senior or Lead Product Designer in enterprise software web and mobile applications
- Strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies.