What We're Building
Maestro is the industry's first SaaS platform that helps private equity firms institutionalize their unique approach to portfolio operations and unlock value creation opportunities. Leveraging 10 years of consulting expertise at Accordion Partners, we unite best-in-class playbooks with a workflow and collaboration solution – enabling Sponsors to better align with Management Teams (and drive maximum returns) through in a single centralized platform for all aspects of portfolio operations.
Having just completed our Series A round, Maestro has raised $7.2M of outside funding to date and is backed by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Accordion Partners, and a consortium of some of the most prominent individuals in Private equity. Based in New York and Boston, Maestro has 18 employees and is rapidly scaling its operations, people, and customer base.
What We're Looking For
We are experiencing an intense period of growth at Maestro, and to help continue on this trajectory we’re searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with our CEO and executive team. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity and efficiency: spearheading cross-functional strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and working to establish and finetune key systems and processes. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a prior Operations or Chief of Staff role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and inter-departmental collaboration. We are especially drawn to candidates who have had to wear many hats as part of a fast-growing B2B technology startup that has gone from Seed to Series A and B funding stages.
What You'll Do
- Work directly with the CEO on high-value strategic initiatives and tactical projects to drive operational excellence across the company, including ensuring cross-functional alignment and progress on Company and functional OKRs; measuring team performance; researching, developing, and executing on special projects, and more.
- Own project management of internal and external communications, including researching and preparing presentation material for a range of audiences: Company meetings, Board of Directors, investors, partners, customers, and prospects.
- Conduct detailed research on a wide range of projects and distill takeaways into succinct, salient, and actionable data points.
- Provide internal team support by serving as lead “data wrangler” across multiple internal systems, including Maestro Internal, Salesforce, Hubspot, Mixpanel, etc.
- Manage the meeting cadence for the Board of Directors and leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well-spent, and objectives are achieved
- Drive meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the CEO has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary
- Plan and lead company off-sites, retrospectives, and other special events
- Strategically manage CEO’s time: working with assistant, looking at immediate-, mid-, and long-term calendars to evaluate opportunities and determine fit with priorities
- Lead annual strategic planning process for the company
- Create and maintain cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership team’s success
- Attend meetings, internally and externally, on behalf of CEO, represent his viewpoints and report back to ensure alignment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA highly desired
- 5-7 years’ prior work experience in:
- Business/Sales/Revenue Operations or as Chief of Staff or similar in a high-growth, early-stage startup environment (ideally Series A/B), and/or
- Experience in a highly analytical role involving structured problem solving such as consultant, banker, lawyer, investment analyst, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills (superior skills in Excel and PowerPoint a must)
- Familiarity with BI platforms like PowerBI, Tableau, or Looker and the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets, draw insights from analysis, and package into a presentation for various audiences.
- Resilient, cool under pressure, and comfortable adapting to new circumstances in a dynamic and demanding work environment
- An effective and persuasive communicator at all levels within the organization, with the ability to influence and engage employees across locations
- Exceptionally detail- and process-oriented: you get energized by creating, fine-tuning, and running systems of all kinds
- Excellent at managing a complex set of stakeholders and at communicating the right level of detail at the right time to the right audience
- A diligent and effective project manager who drives accountability and results
- Excellent at team building, leadership and organizational skills
- Able to pose (and help answer) challenging questions while context-switching across both topics (organization, industry, markets) and altitudes (big picture/strategy as well as execution details).
- Able to rapidly self-teach on a wide range of topics
- A consummate professional: someone who is familiar with and understands how to handle and exercise discretion over sensitive matters and material
- Someone who forms close working relationships with colleagues and partners based on kindness, understanding, mutual respect, and a great sense of fun!