The team at Maestro is building a new kind of software, one that is poised to transform the world of private equity - and beyond. Today, our technology is the engine that drives value creation in PE-backed companies. Tomorrow, it will be used by all kinds of organizations to drive purposeful collaboration across stakeholders. While there is no single formula for success, we believe that by identifying, codifying, and harnessing the elements for success, we enable organizations and people to achieve their most ambitious goals.
We are a tight-knit group of passionate, dedicated, quirky individuals across offices in both New York City and Boston - serving clients all over the world. We believe in the power of collaboration and empowered decision-making, and we strive to create an environment that attracts talented people who possess contagious enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, and grit. Join us!
Accordion is looking for a Full Stack Engineer with a passion for transformative user experiences to become an early member of the Maestro team. The role will be in Boston, however there may be regular visits to Manhattan to collaborate with the larger team. Maestro is a startup within an up-and-coming firm; the ideal candidate will bring their inner intrepreneur* to work each day and will:
- Use their excellent judgment and self-imposed, high standards to build and evolve core features of the Maestro platform.
- Architect and design scalable APIs.
- Build data models.
- Think deeply about the Maestro product and use your robust understanding of both the platform and its end user to influence technology decisions at Maestro.
- Take pride in your own excellent work. You demonstrate a “you build it, you run it” mindset of ownership.
What You Bring to the Table
- BS in Computer Science.
- Strong experience with SQL and Postgres, including transactions, indexing, and identifying performance related issues like (n+1) queries
- Experience using object-relational mapping software (ORM)
- Prior experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails strongly desirable
- Experience writing performant API's in Graphql and REST
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, such as Jest, Cypress and rspec
- Experience working in an agile development environment and distributed version control.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages Python, Ruby, Java.
- Strong collaboration skills and high EQ.
- Empathy for the end user and a desire to walk in their shoes.
*This is not a typo. It's a thing. Look it up.